Monday, July 6, 2009

Plans...They never go the way i want them too

On a regular basis I make "plans" for my shop...all the while trying to manage children and keep my home functional. I usually fall apart and dinner doesn't get made, my husband is good to pick up the slack there. Then i may pop in a movie for the kids to watch or turn on a show while i am getting orders out...then i have the "mommie guilt" for having a t.v. babysit my children when i work. Then instead of working on my business i get sucked into the etsy forums...the i cycle it back around again.

I don't know if i mentioned it or not, but my husband has jumped on board to help with the business. So this is no longer a "ME" thing but is now a "WE" thing...and, YES, i'm still getting used to it. I have had to give up some control on a lot of things, which has been good, but hard. When you have worked your business and you know where everything is and how you do everything, you become paranoid that in a second one person can tank your entire business. I have to say, he has been a HUGE help. He keeps me focused ( which is what i need because i tend to go from project to project fluttering like a butterfly...wait where was i?) and organized, no small feat i promise you. Since he has jumped on board the office has been organized and has stayed organized...and clean for the most part. It's also nice to be creative withsomeone and bounce ideas back and forth off of eachother. I'm also able to better interact with my kids, instead of saying, "sorry hunny, mommie has to work. Go find your brother and go play".

So today, on this wonderful Monday i will be dropping my daughter off at summer camp for 3 hours (just for this week only), she is extremely excited. I will have my ton in towe and will be able to lug him around with me while i run errands. It's nice because we get some good one on one time together. I am going to redue my shop pictures...AGAIN, today. And YES, i'll be making a yummy dinner for my supportive family, mainly as a peace offering for putting up with me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that would be quite an adjustment to have a helper! I don't know what I'd do... I'm sure you're glad for the help!! Sometimes, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one out there with the 'mommy guilt'. I adore my business and know I'd go nuts without it, but it is really hard sometimes to say, "in a few minutes" or "not right now". Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete